for Gift Shop Managers
Take the guesswork out of developing your shop’s annual plan. The Twelve-Month Action Plan is a 50-page guide that will keep you and your shop running on schedule. Sample page
- 30+ sales event and promo ideas
- Monthly to-do list
- Roadmap for what to buy and when
- Sign templates
- What to display & when
- Mark down schedules
- Tradeshow reminders
- Tips to move merchandise
- Display solutions
- Shop operating best practices
- Staff and volunteer management
How to Conduct
a Physical Inventory
It’s crucial for gift shops to take an annual physical inventory. It is one of the most important “accounting” activities a shop can perform. Use this step-by-step guide to conduct your shop’s annual physical inventory. The guide includes:
- Why a physical inventory is crucial
- Why take inventory at retail prices
- How to prepare your shop for the inventory
- What to do on inventory day
- Worksheet templates
- Necessary formulas and calculations
- How to convert from retail to cost
Guide to Calculating Shop Profitability
How does your shop measure up in terms of profitability? Are you doing as well as other shops of comparative size?
The guide contains steps to determine your shop’s profitability and how it compares to other shops across the country.
Calculate profitability using annual gross sales per sq. ft. and net profit margin (% of gross sales).
Includes bonus calculations for:
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Gross Profit Margin
- Markdowns and Shrinkage
- Operating Expenses
- Salary Costs
How To Implement
for Hospital Gift Shops
Employee Payroll Deduction increases an employee’s buying power and helps drive revenue.
This detailed implementation guide walks you through the steps for requesting, selecting, and implementing an employee payroll deduction system.
- Benefits and risks of payroll deduction
- Template letter of request to hospital admins
- Payment option plans
- Guidelines for POS integration
- Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
- Purchase policy best practices
- Template letter for recovering funds
Hospital Gift Shop
from Shop Managers
We surveyed hospital gift shop managers throughout the United States. Over 150 manager responds to 53 questions on everything from salary to management oversight, gross sales, POS systems, shop hours, inventory, displays, fundraisers, shop size, POS systems, volunteers and more. Sample questions include:
- What is your annual base salary?
- What are your shop’s annual gross sales?
- How many volunteers work in your shop?
- How often did your stock turn last fiscal year?
- What was the initial cost of your shop’s POS system?
PLEASE NOTE: You must be a gift shop professional (manager, buyer, assistant, etc.) to subscribe. Subscription requests are verified before being approved. We do not permit vendors, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, consultants, etc. Why? We maintain a long-standing, closed community of gift shop professionals that rely on the privacy afforded to them and to their comments. In addition, the integrity of our readership ensures that advertisers reach their intended audience. Thank you.